teapigs Subversive Teas: A Year’s Worth of Teas OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
teapigs Subversive Teas: A Year’s Worth of Teas OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on [November 28th] at Eastern Standard Time (“9AM EST”) and ends on [December 7th ]at 11:59PM EST (the “Contest Period”). FUSE Create will record the date and time of each eligible participant’s entry on Sponsor controlled computer systems – manage using a random name generator tool for selection. (the “Sponsor’s Official (s)”)
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open solely to legal residents of Canada (but excluding residents of the province of Quebec) who reside in Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), in each case who have reached the age of majority in their province/ territory (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) at the time of entry and awarding of a prize (if applicable), and who has a valid email account and TikTok account, but expressly excluding any employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (any of the foregoing expressly excluded parties, collectively, the “Contest Party(ies)”). Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial/non-commercial entities are not eligible to participate.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible Contest entrant must have a valid personal account with TikTok (“TikTok Account”). A TikTok account is free, and registration for an Instagram account can be obtained by visiting www.tiktok.com(the “TikTok website”) and following the on-screen instructions to open an account. NOTE: You must ensure that your account settings are not set to “Private”. To be eligible, entries must be posted within a public setting.
To enter; (i) from your personal TikTok account locate the Contest post, posted November 28th referred as the “Contest Post”); (ii) tag one (1) personal friend in the comments @ (please ensure that your personal friend is also an eligible Contest entrant, i.e., aa Canadian resident (excluding the province of Quebec) who resides in Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) that has reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence, but cannot be an Contest Party—any tags of outside of the foregoing will not count). Once these actions are completed, you will be eligible to earn one (1) Entry (an “Entry”). Entries must be submitted and received during the Contest Period and in accordance with these Rules.
If you opt to use TikTok via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are an eligible winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device services may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES: The Contest Post will include a hyperlink to these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”). By liking the Contest Post, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF); (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED A WINNER, OF A PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE). THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZES.
- LICENSE: By entering the Contest, each entrant: (i) without limiting the applicable TikTok Terms, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry (and each individual component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the Entry); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless any tagged friends, the Contest Parties, TikTok, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from participation in this Contest and/or the use of his/her Entry (and each individual component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant) – to ensure that the Contest is being conducted in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Entries will not be judged.
- ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/Tik Tok Account during the Contest Period. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) personal Tik Tok Account to enter the Contest and such Tik Tok Account may only be used by one (1) person regardless of whether the Tik Tok Account is shared by two (2) or more people. A person can only comment once (1) during the Contest . Under no circumstances will any participant be eligible to earn more than one (1) Entry during the Contest Period. No person shall submit an Entry using a non-person (or “business”) Tik Tok Account. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) respond more than once; (ii) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (iii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Tik Tok Accounts (including business Tik Tok Accounts), any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
- VERIFICATION: All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Sponsor’s Official Clock(s). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an Entry or of attempted Entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest computers or Sponsor.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be five (5) prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively the "Prizes“) available to be won. Each Prize consists of an assortment of teapigs teas. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $250.00 CDN.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or any component thereof with an item or items of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. The Prize will only be awarded to the person whose verifiable full name and valid e-mail address appears on the eligible Tik Tok Account associated with the Entry in question. By accepting a Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. It is anticipated that the Prize will be sent to the confirmed winner’s address (the “Winner’s Household Address”) as indicated on his/her declaration and release form within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Sponsor’s declaration and release form and confirmation of the eligible winner as a winner in accordance with these Rules (see Section 11 for details). If a Prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason whatsoever, the winner will forfeit his/her Prize and the Prize will not be re-awarded nor re-delivered at a later date. Limit one (1) Prize per Winner’s Household Address. .
None of the Released Parties make any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize or any component of a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from neither the Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties should the Prize or any portion thereof fails to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: At approximately 12 p.m. EST on December 8th 2022 a random draw will be held in Toronto, ON (the “Draw Date”). Five (5) eligible entrants will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE: The Sponsor or its designated representative will contact each eligible winner by sending a direct Tik Tok message to his/her Tik Tok Account within twenty-four (24) hours of the Draw Date. Eligible winners are solely responsible for monitoring his/her Tik Tok Account for such notification message(s) and will be required to provide an active email address at which the Sponsor or its designated representative may send the eligible winner details regarding on how they can claim their Prize along with the declaration and release form which the eligible winner will be required to print, complete and . If an eligible winner does not respond or follow the instructions in the TikTok message or comment within forty-eight (48) hours of the Instagram message sent date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period immediately preceding the Draw Date (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and );(i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory), voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet (including, but not limited to, any social media platforms). If the eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize without any liability to the Sponsor) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period immediately preceding the Draw Date; (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant). Under no circumstance will the Sponsor award more than five (5) Prizes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the brands’ TikTok page, any website or any platform during or after the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the eligible Tik Tok Account used at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an eligible TikTok Account by TikTok. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram Account associated with the Entry in question.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever, episodes of pandemic, epidemic or health emergency (including but not limited to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic), episodes of war (including but not limited to as relates to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine), or otherwise. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the brands’ TikTok page, any Contest Post, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.