Love matcha? Love pancakes? Well you’re definitely in luck, as today we’re bringing you a super simple recipe for the perfect matcha pancakes.
We're all for mixing up the ways we use matcha - so here is a super tasty recipe to make matcha pancakes with pecan, banana and maple syrup... yum!
ingredients (serves 4):
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml (4floz) oat, almond or cows milk
- A little sunflower oil for frying
- Sliced banana, pecan nuts to serve
- Maple syrup to serve
- Preheat the oven to keep the pancakes warm - 150C/300F/ gas mark 2 - and place a heatproof plate in to warm
- Sift the flour baking powder and matcha together in a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. Crack the eggs into the mix, followed by the milk
- Use a balloon whisk to beat the mixture together until it forms a smooth, lump free batter
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a few drops of oil. When it is hot, drop two or three large spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, leaving space between the pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the base is golden, then flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side
- Transfer the pancakes to the warm plate, and keep in the oven whilst you cook the remaining pancakes in the same way - the mixture makes about 12 in total
- Divide the pancakes between four plates, heaping them up, scatter over sliced bananas and pecan nuts and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup
Be sure to tag us in your matcha pancake creations - @teapigsca!