It’s no secret that we LOVE all things matcha – but at first glance, we know it can be slightly daunting trying to think of interesting ways to use it on a daily basis.
The great thing is, you can pretty much use it in everything and anything - but here are four of our absolute favourite ways to get our daily dose of the green stuff:
1 tsp teapigs matcha
a little hot water*
a squirt of agave syrup
a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
250ml almond milk
- Add hot water to matcha in your cup. *green tea is delicate so best not to use boiling water. Just click the kettle off before it boils or let it sit a few mins
- Add agave and spices
- Heat almond milk and whisk to make frothy
- Add the milk to the matcha and enjoy the yumminess!
*this is AMAZING iced too. Just make a paste with a little cold almond milk (instead of the hot water), add the agave and spiced and top with more almond milk and ice.
1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
2 teaspoons cane sugar (or light agave syrup)
splash apple juice
How to make:
- Whisk matcha and agave in to a little vodka
- Pour into a shaker full of ice, add the remaining vodka and the apple juice and shake shake shake
- If you want to get fancy - rim a martini glass with sugar, pour in the cocktail and decorate with lemon or mint. If it's too strong, add a little sparkling or soda water.
1/4 stick celery
2 sprigs mint
1/2 teaspoon matcha
Just blend it all together!
*This tastes creamy (thanks banana!) yet light and fresh – we love it at breakfast time. If you find it too thick, add a dash of coconut water or fruit juice!
1 teaspoon teapigs matcha
100ml skimmed milk
2-3 scoops good quality coconut ice cream
How to make…
- Add 100ml of skimmed milk, 2-3 tablespoons of coconut ice-cream into a blender
- Add 1 teaspoon of teapigs organic matcha
- Add a little coconut milk to lengthen
*why not try vanilla ice cream instead of coconut. White chocolate or coconut sprinkles on top. YUM!
Fancy a challenge? Take matcha everyday for two weeks, documenting your progress as you go! Upload your snaps to twitter, instagram or facebook with the hashtag #matchachallenge, and each month we'll pick a winner to receive a free matcha kit! Free stuff AND you'll feel so much more energised - what's not to love!?