That’s right, tea AND booze - truly the Beyoncé and Jay Z of the beverage world. Our tea temples contain lots of all natural, full-of-flavour ingredients; whole leaf teas, real pieces of fruit, spices and herbs which are perfect for cocktail and toddy making. Winter nights just got interesting....
Whether you’re tucked up on the sofa with a movie or throwing a Christmas bash, teapigs tea toddies will become your new best winter companion in no time. Incredibly simple to make with boundless possibilities, here are four of our favourite tried and tested Christmas concoctions for you to enjoy!
apple and cinnamon cider
- Add 2 apple and cinnamon tea temples to 250ml of boiling water. Brew for 5-10 mins.
- Add this to 250ml of cider and heat on hob.
- Add brown sugar to taste
- Add whipped cream or cinnamon powder for decoration
super fruit gin and tonic
- Infuse 2 super fruit tea temples in 200ml of tonic water for 5 min (or longer for extra fruity flavour)
- Add 25ml of gin or vodka and a squirt of agave syrup
- Pour over ice into a cocktail shaker and strain in to a very fancy cocktail glass!
- Garnish with orange peel, passion fruit or blackberries.
For a longer drink, pour the liquid over crushed ice, adding blackberries or orange peel to garnish
Experiment away! Just brew your favourite teapigs tea temple in 100ml hot water for 3-5 minutes. Add this little concentrate to any hot toddy recipe you fancy. Be sure to let us know how you get on by uploading your snaps to twitter, facebook or instagram with the tag #teapigsteatoddies
We know how yummy these recipes can be, but remember to drink responsibly. (We find having a slice of toast with every round of drinks really helps...)